Many business owners are worried about the amount of marketing budget vis-a-vis the returns on investment and profit. Remember that the most crucial goal in all kinds of marketing strategies is customer satisfaction. Therefore, one of the surest ways to increase website conversions is to cater to the needs of your audience. Give the people what they want.
However, how do you even begin to decipher the exact needs of your audience? Then, what is the best way to increase your website conversions to ensure you retain existing customers and convert new ones? In addition, you have an opportunity to impress your customers each time while creating a tremendous challenge for your marketers to push through.
Therefore, you can use the following strategies to convert more customers to your site
Essential Steps to Improving your Site Conversions
Assess the product/service you are offering
One of the initial steps towards a great conversation is to figure out what exactly your audience wants. Then, you need to compare their needs to your product or service. Are there differences where you think your product may not exactly meet their needs? On the other hand, are there similarities that you should retain in the product or service?
Once there is a precise evaluation of these properties, you can carefully tailor your solution to meet customers’ needs. At the same time, your target market becomes more apparent to all your marketing strategies and further gets more results. At the same time, you now have a more balanced view of acquiring new customers and retaining the existing ones.
Re-evaluate your sales conversion funnel
Next, it is time to consider the conversion funnel to see ways to make necessary changes. Remember that you aim to ensure that every change you make translates into more conversions. Moreover, specific vital questions can help you in this evaluation process towards ensuring that your customers get the best possible experience. For example,
- How much traffic do you currently have? When do you compare the traffic with the eventual leads, how much of your traffic eventually becomes a viable lead? Some of your information may include phone calls, contact form submission, or enquires
- How long does it take for customers to journey from inquiry to the actual purchase in the customer journey?
- Why not try out the practical purchasing steps yourself with different devices and browsers to avoid technical errors?
- What exact problems are your buyers trying to solve with your product or service?
As you attempt to answer these questions, the best SEO agencies in Australia know how to extract helpful information. In addition, the work of the SEO agency becomes simpler than one without direction. Website conversions may be a very high mountain to climb until you clearly understand your audience and their specific needs.
Define your Audience
The next stage involves creating an audience persona, a typical imaginary person who needs your product or service. SEO agencies in Sydney are a great effort to determine the right audience to tailor your SEO efforts. Moreover, these marketing professionals also decide on the right website analytics tools to measure the traffic. These tools include
- Google Search Console, formerly known as Google Webmaster
- Google Analytics
- In-built CMS analytics, depending on the platform you are using. For instance, Squarespace, HubSpot, and Wix all have specialized analytics
- Other tech tools for marketing also have their metric tools
What are the attributes or information that you get from these analytics tools?
- The type of device your site visitors use to access the site
- What are the geographical locations of your visitors?
- What is the age range of your site visitors?
- The details of the web pages that your visitors go to when they are on your site
- Times and days that your visitors come to your site
A typical tool that gives all the information above is Google Analytics, which requires a site owner to be familiar with its features. On the other hand, an SEO agency must master the pathways of navigation to query these reports.
Communicate with your customers and get feedback
If you wait for your visitors to always communicate via your website you will need good website developers, who can convert your ideas to reality, you may be limiting other communication channels. In other words, you need to explore other means of communication with your customers such as messenger, chats, social media, email, text, and website surveys or polls. By asking questions, you can determine what features your clients like or dislike.
At the same time, while communicating with your customers through questions, be careful not to overwhelm them. You are providing many questions at the same time or time-consuming surveys. At the same time, you may offer incentives that encourage your customers to provide the needed information willingly. For instance, any successful respondent to your survey may earn a reward in a discount voucher or free item.
Find out from your site competitors
Another place to get helpful information about your site and use it to your advantage is your competitor’s data. There must be a reason why anyone chooses other products or services in place of yours. In such a case, you should ask consumers directly what they see in other products that yours don’t have. There are also ways to find out their response via your social media pages.
When they start to give their responses, be sure to record these answers to upgrade your product or service. Meanwhile, while tuning to some reactions, watch out for how it interferes with the needs of your existing customers. For instance, remember that sometimes, what your competitor’s customers hate about your product may be the same reason your loyal customers stick with your products or services.
Finally, the pathway to achieving an increase in website conversion is not as challenging as it looks. However, it requires some strategic steps to achieve this target result. At the same time, some of the other steps you can take include the following
- Review the feedbacks of your existing customers
- Simplify your site navigation
- Note which of your product or service go viral
- Change your business approach while involving your customers
- Improve your site speed because most visitors are naturally impatient